Following its adherence in 2009 to the OECD Declaration on International Investment and Multinational Enterprises, Morocco committed to implementing the "OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises" and to establish a National Contact Point.
Morocco has concretized its commitment by setting up a National Contact Point which composition, functioning and missions are governed by the circular of the Head of Government No. 9/2014 dated 05 September 2014.
The Moroccan NCP includes, among its members, a representative of each of the following ministries and state authorities:
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation;
- The Ministry of Economy and Finance;
- The Ministry of National Education, Vocational Training, Higher Education and Scientific Research;
- The Ministry of Employment and Occupational Integration;
- The Ministry of Energy, Mines and Sustainable Development;
- Ministry of Industry, Investment, Trade and Digital Economy;
- The Ministry of General Affairs and Governance;
- The national council of human rights;
- The competition council;
- The national body of probity, prevention and fight against corruption, and
The Moroccan Investment Agency for Development of Investment and Export which is in charge of the secretariat and presidency of the NCP.
The Moroccan NCP has internal rules that define the role and functioning of the Moroccan NCP.
The NCP shall establish and maintain good relations with representatives of the business community, organisations representing employees and other stakeholders which can contribute to the proper functioning of the Agency.